If you are ever in a sizable city or town, you might happen to pass by a hot dog cart. You might even have tried a hot dog at one of these local street food vendors, or you might run one yourself! Here, you can learn about the basic parts of hot dog carts, how to maintain them, and who you can call if you ever need hot dog cart repair services in Maryland.
Basic Parts of Hot Dog Carts
Basic parts of a hot dog cart include the following:
- Fuel source: You will need a portable fuel source to keep your heated elements continually hot. One common option is propane tanks.
- Water source: You will also need a portable source of water to let you wash up or fill your cooking pans with.
- Sink: Hot dog carts typically have a sink for washing up.
- Cooking and warming pans: These covered metal pans store and cook hot dogs and buns. Hot dog vendors might boil, grill, or deep fry their dogs before storing them in a covered pan.
- Condiments areas: It also helps to have one or two areas for condiments that need refrigeration and do not need refrigeration.
- Storage shelves: Store extra hot dog buns and other supplies here.
- Serving shelves: Customers can pick up their orders and apply condiments on these narrow countertops. Be careful that they do not get hot!
Hot Dog Cart Maintenance
Cleaning is a major part of maintaining a hot dog cart. The fear about many hot dog carts is that they are dirty and unsanitary. However, if you operate one, you can erase that notion from anyone’s mind by using fresh, drinkable water in your water tanks each day, sanitizing your hot dog cart surfaces each day, washing your cooking tools, and cleaning out your metal pans and cooking appliances.
It is also important to inspect the hot dog cart routinely to ensure all parts are in good working order, especially the fuel source and its connections. One should have an extra gas cylinder on hand just in case the cart runs out of fuel.
Need Hot Dog Car Repairs or Parts Replacements?
If you see that your hot dog cart needs a repair or part replacement, do not put it off! It can impact the safety and efficiency of your business. Pine Heights Commercial Kitchen Service is ready to be of service.
Contact Pine Heights Commercial Kitchen Service, Inc.!
Since 1971, Pine Heights Commercial Kitchen Service, Inc., has been the leader in Commercial Kitchen Equipment Services in the greater Baltimore Metropolitan area. We specialize in Restaurant Equipment Repair Services, Commercial Refrigeration, Preventive Maintenance, in-shop repairs, and over-the-counter parts.
At Pine Heights, our motto is simple: “Quality Service for Less.” We provide the highest level of commercial maintenance for a competitive rate. We are veteran and family-owned and operated and located in Baltimore at 2900 West Patapsco Ave., Baltimore, MD 21230.